This is day one. We are going to implement this process the same way we did when we previously pursued surface pattern design. So let’s go.
I am going to use Skillshare again as my learning resource and find both classes and teachers on surface pattern design that catch my attention.
I’ve made a short list of teachers that have classes around surface pattern design – some have classes for the entire process, some focus on particular things like watercolour for surface design.
My aim is to go through my prioritised list of teachers, and their Skillshare classes. Whether I will have an opportunity to go through all of them in my 100 days of surface pattern design, I’m not sure. I guess that’s why I have prioritised this list.
So the next foreseeable future, the Skillshare classes and their order of execution is below:
- Intro To Surface Design, by Bonnie Christine (~3.75 hours)
- Surface Pattern Design 2.0 – Design A Collection, by Bonnie Christine (~1.5 hours)
- Advanced Techniques In Surface Pattern Design, by Bonnie Christine (~1.5 hours)
- Master Color With The Recolor Artwork Tool, by Bonnie Christine (~ 45 minutes)
- Watercolor For Surface Pattern Design, by Bonnie Christine ( ~1.5 hours)
- Introduction To Designing Repeat Patterns In Illustrator, by Elizabeth Olwen
- Pattern Design II – A Creative Look At A Full Pattern Collection, by Elizabeth Olwen
- Pattern Design: Bring Your Artwork To Life On Products, by Elizabeth Olwen
- (once I get to here, I was to revisit my original list of Skillshare teachers and classes, and prioritise the next batch)
(Can you tell I’m a planner?!)
You can also get 2 months free on Skillshare, using this link.